Tuesday, June 2, 2009

Backyard update


A few weeks ago, Steve (a notorious forager) came wagging home a door that "people were just giving away!" I scolded him, as usual, and he carried it around to the back of the shop "just in case we ever need it." A few days later I was back there checking on the compost pile, when I glanced over and saw that door leaned up against the back of the shop and it looked darn cute! Immediately, I determined that should replace the old metal door on the front of the shop, creating a kind of "cottage" look. I excitedly shared my revelation with Steve, whereupon he told me that was a pretty big job, since he would have to remove the entire door frame and flip it, etc, etc, etc. But, wanting to make me happy, he obliged, and just 3 days later, the facelift for our little shop was complete. Amazing what a new door will do. But it just begged to have some window boxes added, but we decided on shelves under the windows for pots. (An added bonus to all of this is I think I may have curbed Steve's temptations to bring those freebies onto the property. He's learned that can get him into some real trouble!)

4 comments:

Haley Bird said...

Love the new little cottage! Looks like a little guest house! Too cuuuttteee!

Cindy's Cache said...

I love it! Way cute! I am so impressed! The perfect guest house or bed and breakfast cottage! You should do it!

Mema said...

Well, isn't that the cutest, charming little house? It is picture perfect! Another great idea!

Ashley Marie said...

This is very cute!