Monday, December 22, 2008

Trek to Corpus Christi for Haley's Grad







Well, we have a college grad in the family! We are proud of Haley, with her new degree in Occupational Education and minor in Marketing. Steve and I went down on Thursday, and on Friday, we did something Haley had been wanting to do, which was hike across the Harbor Bridge over Corpus Christi Bay. It was exhilerating, but kind of scary! When we were above the 6 story buildings by quite a bit, I knew we were high! Calvin and Beverly were there with their AirStream, and invited us over to the RV park for a shrimp boil. It was fun to see how the snowbirds live, and how they decorate their little trailers for Christmas. Haley graduated on Saturday, and it was a really nice ceremony. The A&M/Corpus campus is the only university that sits on its' own island, thus, they are the "Islanders", and they wear real flower leis at their graduation. Very pretty! Congrats, Haley!

2 comments:

Cindy's Cache said...

Way to go Haley bird! We are proud of her too! Since I am rather phobic of heights I am not sure that exhilerating is the word I would use! I think we are going to have to make a trip to Corpus to visit. So will Beverly and Calvin be home for Christmas or still traveling?

Haley Bird said...

FYI: My degree is in Occupational Training and Development!
gee Im so fluffy!